|Tips on how to choose the best 8K TV|
Are you looking for today's most advanced television? TV with 8K resolution is the answer. 8K TVs are high-performance TVs capable of producing true-to-life images with sharper quality. 8K TV isn't just for watching TV. 8K TVs are also capable of meeting your needs for web browsing, video streaming and more.
Let's, follow my Tips on how to choose the best 8K TV from me in this article.
What is an 8K TV?
8K TV is a television with the latest technology in television that has a resolution many times that of a 4K TV. 8K TVs use superior technologies that previous generations didn't have, such as UHD or Full HD. 8K TVs have pixels so small that they cannot be seen by the human eye at close range.
Therefore, the resulting image display is very detailed with sharp colors. Watching with an 8K TV will let you experience an extraordinary experience with a life-like display in front of you.
Additionally, 8K TVs come with the Ultra Viewing Angle feature, which allows backlight to penetrate the panel and spread across the screen. That way, there will be no glare reflections during the day or when the room is very bright.
How to choose the best 8K TV for you
In order not to make the wrong choice, there are a few things you need to know. Some of these things start from the type of lighting, TV operating system, features, and so on. Choose an 8K TV with the specifications you want according to the points I will explain below.
Know the type of lighting
Because it is a premium-class widescreen TV, 8K TVs use four types of lighting technology, namely LED, OLED, QLED, and Mini LED. Maybe you have often heard these terms, but are confused about the difference. Therefore, I will explain the advantages of each type of TV lamp below.
1. Light-Emitting Diode (LED): uses a backlight system for lighting. The LEDs have good sharpness with a diamond-like luster that is safe for the eyes.
2. Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED): Lighting comes from an organic compound that glows when an electric current is applied. OLED does not use a backlight because the pixels can be turned on and off individually. OLED TVs are capable of producing purer blacks, resulting in increased contrast and more realistic images.
3. Quantum-dot Light Emitting Diode (QLED): uses quantum dot technology to increase the brightness even higher, yet still be pleasing to the eye. These quantum dots are even more capable of displaying brighter, more vibrant colors than OLED.
4. Light-Emitting Diode (Mini LED): one of the technologies found in many new TV models. The advantage of this technology is that backlighting is more precise than conventional LEDs. The color saturation and accuracy of the Mini LED are also improved. Thus, Mini LED will enhance the viewing experience compared to regular LEDs.
Those are the types of lighting commonly used on 8K TVs. You don't need to be confused because all these types of lighting still produce good images, but with different brightness levels.
Select by TV operating system
All 8K TVs are smart TV types. Like smartphones, smart TVs also use an operating system. Android, webOS, and Tizen are some of the operating systems used on 8K TVs. Each of these operating systems has its own characteristics and advantages.
1. Android: uses the same system as Android smartphones. This system is supported by the Google Play Store, making it easier for you to download the same application with your smartphone. TV with this system is suitable for you Android smartphone users.
2. WebOS: operating system on LG smart TVs. This operating system is designed with a simple and minimalist appearance, even easier than other operating systems. In addition, you will get the default applications of this operating system, such as Google TV, Google Play Movies, YouTube, and so on.
3. Tizen: an operating system created by Samsung and used exclusively on Samsung smart TVs. Tizen has a Smart Hub application that makes it easy for you to adjust your internet connection and display or screen brightness through a single application.
Now that you know the operating system of an 8K TV, you already know which one will best suit your needs, right? Too many advanced applications are not necessarily suitable for you.
Check the TV features that suit your needs
I advise you not to rush into choosing an 8K TV. Don't choose a product just because it's the most advanced or the most expensive. However, you should also check the features that suit your needs. Here are some of the recommended features available on 8K TVs.
TV with entertainment apps that make you feel right at home
As I said earlier, TV is not only a medium for watching TV programs from certain channels. However, TV is now also a medium for accessing the internet, streaming video, and more. Therefore, choose an 8K TV with many entertainment applications to make you feel more at home.
Do you love watching movies and don't want to miss the latest popular drama series? If so, choose a TV with a VOD (video-on-demand) feature such as Netflix or Disney+. Some other entertainment applications that must be included in an 8K TV include YouTube, Optus Sport, HGiG, Sports Alert, and so on.
Check Availability of HDMI, USB and LAN ports for multi-connection of other devices
In addition to entertainment applications, also check the availability of HDMI, USB, and LAN ports. The HDMI port is useful for connecting the TV with a DVD or game console. Some 8K TV products even offer more than one HDMI port.
While the USB port serves to display data stored on external storage media, such as flash disks or portable hard disks. This is certainly nice because you can watch videos or photos you take from your phone on the big screen. Finally, the function of the LAN port is to connect the internet via cable media.
Make sure the size fits your room
Next, you have to make sure the size of the TV fits your room. This is because the 8K TV is a TV with a very large screen size. A TV that is too big gives the impression of being cramped at home, especially if your room is not too big. The sizes of 8K TVs on the market vary, ranging from 55 inches, 60 inches, 65 inches, 75 inches, and others.
Then, what is the right distance to watch 8K TV? 8K TVs include UHD TVs with very small pixel sizes. Therefore, the formula for finding the ideal distance is to multiply the distance between the TV and the sofa by 39. For example, if the TV and sofa are 1.5 meters apart, 1.5 times 39 is 58.5 inches. That way, you can choose a 60-inch 8K TV.
What is the size of 8K resolution? The resolution size of the 8K TV is 7,680 x 4,320 pixels out of a total of 33.18 million pixels. This means that with a TV of the same size, denser pixels fill the screen so objects look real and real. Due to its high resolution, 8K TVs are capable of producing 3D effects.
What is the difference between 4K and 8K? The basic difference between 4K TV and 8K TV lies in the size of the resolution. The resolution size of a 4K TV is 3,840 x 2,160 for a total of approximately 8.3 million pixels. Due to the higher resolution size of 8K TVs, these TVs also have higher sharpness.
8K TVs come with high-performance technology and advanced features. I recommend choosing a TV with features that suit your needs. In addition, pay attention to the type of lighting and operating system of the TV.
Do not forget to adjust the size of the TV to your room. Finally, make sure to choose a TV that saves electricity. So, are you ready to try a new experience of watching TV with amazing picture quality?